Post Graduate Diploma – Child and Adolescent Psychiatry – 2011
Graduate Certificate – Trauma Informed Care – 2005
Graduate Certificate – Professional Practice – 2004
Bachelor Degree (Honours) – Bachelor of Social Science (Family Studies and Psychology) – 2003
Elisa is a Registered Psychologist with 12 years of experience working in the public and private sector. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Social Science (Psychology and Family Studies) and is registered Psychology Board of Australia approved supervisor.
Elisa has experience working with a wide variety of presenting issues and mental health concerns. Strength and resilience focused Elisa provides therapy tailored to each individual working collaborate with them to reach their goals. Elisa has well established counselling, assessment and treatment planning skills. Elisa is a holistic practitioner with interests in the benefits of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in combination with yoga practice, nutritional medicine and art therapy.
Elisa has experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health conditions; experience providing psychological support for a variety of conditions with clients across the lifespan;
- Clinical experience working within multi-disciplinary teams (psychiatry, medical, allied health, educators)
- Management of risk and self-harm
- Skilled in the administration and interpretation of psychometric assessments;
- Experience providing on-site support, including risk management and crisis response;
- Training and experience in completing Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness, Motivational Interviewing (MI), Interpersonal Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy (SFT), Couples Therapy, Family Therapy, Play Therapy, Art Therapy, Grief/Bereavement Counselling
- Experience facilitating group education programs on a range of wellbeing topics;
- Experience in completing assessment and recommendations regarding fitness for work, drug and alcohol issues, and vocational assessments; and
- Injury management including adjustment counselling, pain management
- Experience in working with children and adults with a disability
- Training and experience in Organisational Psychology services such as training, mediation, coaching, and psychometric testing.